COVID-19 resources available on MEUW Website: As the pandemic continues, MEUW is regularly updating our Website to include timely information and new resources members may find useful to their operational planning. Our “COVID-19 Update” page is a hub for relevant materials. Last week, we added information related to safely reopening after the pandemic; you can find links here.
MEUW Annual Business Meeting goes “virtual” on Friday: Despite the rescheduling of MEUW’s Annual Conference to August, in accordance with the association’s Bylaws, the Annual Business Meeting will take place on Friday, May 15, at 8:30 a.m. The meeting will be conducted via Zoom videoconference. All MEUW members are welcome to attend the meeting. Details and a link are available on MEUW’s Event Calendar. Registration is required to access the meeting.
The May edition of Live Lines was distributed last week. In case you missed it, you can find it online here.
Updates on MEUW training seminars and workshops: The response to the pandemic has shifted the timing of a number of MEUW events. New dates have now been chosen for two additional events that were postponed. Here’s a quick recap of where things stand as of today:
- The Management Training Program session on “Managing Personnel Matters” on Wednesday, June 3, is currently planned as an in-person workshop at Hotel Marshfield (as originally scheduled).
- The 2020 Watt Hour Metering Workshop is set for in-person training on Aug. 3-6 at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) in Green Bay. The schedule includes an optional pre-workshop refresher session on Monday, Aug. 3, and the three-day workshop on Aug. 4, 5 and 6.
- The Facility Locating Workshop will take place Tuesday, Aug. 11.
- The Underground Distribution School is set for Aug. 18-19 at NWTC in Green Bay.
- MEUW’s 91st Annual Conference will take place in Manitowoc on Aug. 19, 20 and 21.
- The Competent Person/Excavation Workshop (originally scheduled for April 16) is now rescheduled to Monday, Aug. 24 and will take place in Waupun as planned.
- The NESC Code Seminar (originally scheduled for March 23-24) is now planned for Sept. 14-15 and will take place in Oconomowoc as planned.
Registration information and more details about these and other upcoming training opportunities are currently available on the “Event Calendar” on MEUW’s Website.
New Mutual Aid Resource Guide now available: Based on member feedback, MEUW has developed a new guidebook to help members prepare for and manage a mutual aid event in their community. The Mutual Aid Community Resource Guide is available exclusively to MEUW members and can be accessed here (member login is required).
The Resource Guide was developed as a “one-stop shop” based on lessons learned and member input following the large mutual-aid response in Wisconsin Rapids in July 2019. It includes various tools necessary for a well-coordinated mutual aid response, including defined roles and responsibilities, key contact lists, and pre-planning details for critical facilities, lodging and meals. The guidebook is a Microsoft Excel document with multiple tabs, which allows for everything to be kept in a single location and makes it easy to update. The first page of the Resource Guide has a comprehensive Table of Contents that is linked to each form for quick access, and each tab is formatted for simplified printing.