Enter the MEUW Readers’ Contest for chance to win prizes: The November edition of Live Lines included details about a contest designed to engage readers of MEUW’s publications.
We all know that people who live in the Badger State are called Wisconsinites – a term known as a “demonym” given to residents or natives of a particular place. This year’s “Readers’ Contest” aims to find out what the locals are called in the 81 public power communities across Wisconsin. Full details are here.
The deadline to submit your response is Wednesday, Dec. 18. All responses will be part of a random drawing for gift cards and MEUW merchandise, and the more responses received, the greater the number of prizes awarded. You can enter the contest by completing the online form available here.
Registration open for Electric Operations Conference & Expo and annual apprentice graduation banquet: Don’t miss the chance to participate in the 2020 Electric Operations Conference & Expo (the new name for the expanded “Joint Superintendents’ Conference”) hosted by MEUW and the cooperative utilities association. The conference agenda is available here. In conjunction with the conference, the municipals and coops also celebrate the newest graduates of the lineworker and metering apprenticeship programs. More than 50 apprentices will be recognized at this year’s banquet.
Full details about both events are available on MEUW’s Website (click on the links below).
- Conference begins at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 15
- “Welcome Reception” at 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday’s conference sessions are 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The “Expo” part of the program is a trade show featuring top utility industry manufacturers and suppliers showcasing their latest products and innovations Thursday from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- MEUW Board of Directors’ meeting is Friday at 8:30 a.m.
> Apprentice Graduation Banquet – Jan. 15 (ticketed event; separate registration required)
- 6:00 p.m. dinner followed by a brief program; friends and family of graduates are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Don’t miss the January National Electrical Safety Code training session: MEUW is holding a National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) Seminar on Jan. 28 and 29, 2020, at Plymouth Utilities.
Topics for this two-day conference include overhead and underground settings, substation clearance requirements, communication facilities clearance requirements, cable markings, and safety signs that conform with the National Electrical Safety Code and Wisconsin PSC 113, 114 and 119 code requirements. The complete agenda is available here.
The registration fee for MEUW member utility employees is $175. To register, click here.
Take advantage of MEUW’s pricing on MSDSonline: MEUW member utilities can sign up to access safety data sheets online at a discounted rate, thanks to group buying power through MEUW. MSDSonline, a one-stop shop for all your hazard communications needs, is available for an annual fee of $900 (a substantial savings over the typical $2,700 subscription rate).
As a reminder, the key benefits of MSDSonline include having access to:
- More than 12 million Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) online;
- Automatic updates on all SDS’s into GHS compliance (no more struggles keeping paper copies up to date);
- An app enabling SDS’s to be readily available and easily accessible to employees via smartphones, tablets and computers; and
- Primary and secondary container labels for all its products online.
If your utility already takes advantage of MEUW’s pricing, your subscription to MSDSonline will renew for 2020 and you will receive an invoice in the new year. If you’d like to learn more or wish to sign up for MSDSonline through MEUW for 2020, please contact Mike Czuprynko at email@example.com.
Happy Thanksgiving: Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, we will not publish the Weekly on Nov. 27.
All of us at MEUW thank you for your continuing support as we work toward our mission to unify and strengthen Wisconsin’s community-owned utilities. We send best wishes to you and your family for a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday!